Monday, September 12

Lucia's Nursey


Happy Monday!  For today I thought I'd share my little chickadee's nursery.  I wanted it to be a bit girly but not overly so.  For colors I was primarily inspired by the bedding from Liberty of London for Target.  I really loved the pinks with the yellow, orange and blue and based the room around those colors.  When I was pregnant I came across this lovely lunch done by Sunday Suppers and fell in love with the flower garland, beautiful isn't it?

20110912-122248.jpg
So I decided to make my own by following Martha's instructions and template for making fabric roses and peonies and then I strung them together with fishing line.

The blue frame over the crib was found on the street and repainted, I wrote a post about it on my old blog way back when.  I then took a cardboard "L" from Joann's and covered it with batting and then fabric and centered it in the frame. The print is from Grace Hester Designs on etsy.  We speak Spanish at home so I think that it's twinkle, twinkle little star in Spanish is very fitting.

20110912-014229.jpg

The space definitely needs a rug to pull it together but all in all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment